Thursday, 5 April 2012

I had the ok to go public about it all...

Up until the beginning of this week, it had been family and close friends who knew about Rik's cancer.  Hmmm, that's the first time I've typed his name in relation to this...how odd.

On Sunday night, Rik seemed surprised I hadn't posted anything up on the motorbike forum we frequent - a place that was born from a previous forum, which was how we met.  I hadn't because I was waiting...figured if I put up a thread when he was having the operation, then he would have something to read then.  As it went, I decided to post up on the Monday...and I'm so glad I did.

TBH it's been a little overwhelming.

So many posts of support, offers of help in so many ways...whether advice, contacts, shared stories, offers of cooking, cleaning, babysitting and so much more.  I swear I don't think I would need to cook until the summer if I took everyone up on their very kind offers.

The thread has over 200 replies, I've had countless private messages, and even a call from a friend I haven't seen for a long time.  I've cried so many times reading the posts.  Many of the people I have met in real life, but many I haven't...but it hasn't mattered.

It really is a humbling thing to be receiving so much support from everyone, so yet again, I need to thank them...not that most will even know about this blog given only three people currently have been invited to read it...which brings me onto another thing...I told Rik about the blog, he asked "I don't suppose it's something I would want to read, is it?"

I said I had no problem, and am going to invite him...whether he chooses to read or not is then up to him.  I sharn't change how or what I am writing about, and hell, I can always block him ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment