Thursday, 23 August 2012

Pretty sure things aren't quite right...UPDATE

Turns out the consultant is on holiday (nice of the secretary to mention this earlier in the week...<raises eyebrow>), his notes are in transit to people who won't be looking at them until Tuesday (but should get some results after that meeting), he's been advised to speak to the ward sister and/or the cancer nurses.
 
The latter aren't available until later in the day (handy) but he has managed to speak to the ward sister, who has kindly put our minds at rest a little.  The blood and clots are apparently quite normal, it's only if they get heavier and/or coincide with fever, loss of appetite etc.  Also this is apparently information we should've been given...which we haven't...but we know now and a small weight has been lifted (from me at the very least).
 
Minor panic over.

3 comments:

  1. Keep your chin up lovely lady - I've read all your blog posts for the first time tonight (actually now 3.43 in the morning). Your humour, fab writing and obvious love for your hubby have moved me to laughter and tears. I found the blog after reading your post on McMillan - I'm in the early stages of tests, with no diagnosis yet. I shall be looking out for an update to see how you are both doing. Much love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words, Sarah.

    I hope your tests go well and if anything is found that it's early and treatable - scary times! Try to deal with what you know and not let your mind wander to unknown too many times otherwise your sanity might get lost. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that - yes, if I have learnt anything from your writing it is 'living in the now'. I've been amazed at your fortitude and wisdom, and inspired too. Just know that you two are helping others more than you could have imagined...

    ReplyDelete