Well I've been such a bundle of joy for the last 36 hours...or not.
Various things got on top of me, and yes we are still waiting. Rik had a call on Tuesday morning (our daughter's birthday as it happens) from his consultant's secretary to say they were "going to try to discuss his case at the meeting"...try...TRY!?!? She said someone would call back to tell him the outcome but that could be up to a week - guess we are going for the week then! *le sigh*
Stress levels have been set at high, but today I have banished them. Had a fun dream which woke me in a better mood and then some random kind words have given me a much needed positive boost, so a thank you for those.
Anyway, as this post seems to be all doom and gloom I shall revert to sharing a couple of photos from our daughter's 8th birthday that was on Tuesday - I (and many other helpers!) created her a Mad Hatter's Tea Party, with 'Pin the Grin on the Cheshire Cat', a temporary tattoo station, 'painting' the roses red, a caucus race and gingerbread decorating station. All the kids came dressed up and looked brilliant - a very fun afternoon and worth all the time and aching feet/back. <grin>
 |
| Tea Party is set (minus teacups) |
A BIG thank you to Jess, Smixxy, Rik, my Mum and Dad for helping with the prep and the party. Additional BIG thank you to Benny, Sal and Tracy for help at the party (especially when Bangel had her minor wobble and I turned back to find fairies were organising things for me!)
 |
| My 'Alice' and her Tea Party |
 |
| Painted Cheshire Cat |
 |
| Birthday cake I made |
 |
| Our beautiful girls |
 |
| The whole Mad party |
Still thinking of you both..xx
ReplyDelete