My husband turned 44 mid January. He celebrated this fact by pissing blood whilst at work the next day. Not your usual celebration, I will grant you.
His work has a nurse practitioner, who he popped down to see, giving a sample. She tried to get him in immediately to St George's Hospital (SGH), however they refused, so instead had to call the doctors in the morning to grab an appointment. A 3 minute consultation and off he went for blood tests and ultrasound appointment, most likely suspect...kidney stones or a UTI.
Blood tests came back fine, however something was spotted on the ultrasound, probably still a kidney stone.
Next came a camera being shoved when the sun doesn't shine...no...not that end...but let's put it this way, no man EVER wants things going the wrong way up a certain part of him. My husband's account of being turned into a human fountain and passing sphincter after sphincter on his way to the bladder (he learnt something new after his initial confusion as to exactly where the camera had gone!). Bladder was classed as "nice and healthy".
New appointment, this time for a CT scan, for which I came along for "moral support". This mostly consisted of us chatting and giggling and me taking the mickey out of him once he changed into his gown - pay back for him making me suffer in giggles when I was immobilised after being hit by a bus a few weeks earlier! I showed off as I was allowed to go to the toilet, whilst he was having to consume a large amount of water and cross his legs. Sometimes it's best to laugh.
And then came 1st March...results day...
No comments:
Post a Comment