Thursday, 29 March 2012

Work today...

Both of us are back to work today.

The doctors last night were, as he put it, just not interested.  After being asked to provide a sample for the appointment, the doctor apparently looked horrified at being presented with it.  He was dismissed with a "talk to your consultant" and a prescription for three things without an explanation as to why they were being given.  Google and the pharmacist provided those answers.

The night appeared to be a bit easier for him, sadly my back (related to the accident I had back in January) decided it was going to hurt and keep me uncomfortable.  After five days of not having to take any pain killers I needed some to sleep - am obviously not quite healed yet!

Anyway today I am back in the office, and he in his.  He is meant to be having a meeting with his boss and HR today - something I shall also have to do, hopefully next week.  I, however, find myself sat at work unable to really get my head off what's going on, which isn't helpful.  My boss works from home on Thursdays so I don't have anyone to talk to that would distract me.  I'm trying with the radio but the stupid work internet connection keeps dropping and frustrating me....and I can't get Spotify to work on my sodding mobile - has been that way for a week now...

Had to tell a couple of work friends today.  It seems the "I don't know what to say" is something I will continue to hear quite a bit.  We tell the older girls on Saturday night, and will then let a larger circle know what's going on, as I know we have many friends who will want to know, plus my rather large family (currently only those closest know).

Right, back to updating a database...about all I'm useful for right now, if honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment