Friday (9th March) was the pre-biopsy appointment at the hospital where the biopsy will take place (19th March). I went along with my husband as I will be the person looking after him for the following 24 hours post-biopsy.
The nurse was quite pleasant and kicked off with taking a few measurements, followed by a lengthy questionnaire, during which swabs were taken from nose, throat and groin - nothing quite like watching your man drop his trousers for another woman in front of you!!
The chat that followed was more on what the procedure would be and the after care, rather than what the possible outcomes could be. He will be having a rarer biopsy procedure in the fact it will be going up his penis, through all the tubes and bladder etc to get to the intended destination to grab the samples. My husband has so far declined my kind offer of drawing with marker pen on his penis so that the doctor had something else to look at...I can't imagine why. I am also considering signing it with my name in case they lose him.
Joking aside, our feelings are currently somewhere between nervous and trying not to think about it too much.
We still haven't told any of the girls, however our youngest (the only one at home) has started behaving a little out of character, not listening and the like, not just at home but at school too. I can't help wonder if she is picking up on worries/tensions or maybe the fact she sees/knows that Daddy is having tests and appointments but has no further information. We have made the decision to find a way of talking to her about these visits without worrying her or mentioning what is going on too much - not going to be easy!
No comments:
Post a Comment