It's two days since the biopsy, and whereas the first night was fine, last night was not.
Yesterday his stomach started bloating and increased all day. A bit of discomfort, however the blood in his urine was reducing. By the evening it had increased again slightly. The discomfort in his very bloated belly was getting the better of him - figured it was a bit of constipation (something he has amazingly never had before!).
He didn't eat much of his dinner and returned to bed for the evening , distracting himself with CoD (Call of Duty). Some time later, despite not being able to do his business in the loo since before the biopsy, he did manage to release some of the (obviously) trapped wind...many man points were awarded.
Sleep came later, however I was woken up several times by more equally impressive man farts, however as they continued he wasn't finding any release from the discomfort. Things started getting worse, he started feeling sick and getting cold sweats - strange the panic that sets in on someone when their body rebels. The poor love was in a bad way but eventually found some relief (it took some hours). Then sleep again.
On waking with my alarm, I knew today would be a lost day for me. Thankfully I really do have an amazing boss and took it as short notice leave. I would've been next to useless with the lack of/very broken sleep over the last few nights, plus given how he was last night, I was loathed to leave him alone. On the plus side of today, we both managed to get some sleep and I, for one, am feeling a bit more refreshed.
He, however, is not fairing so well.
I was waiting at the school to pick up the little lady and receive a call asking me to pick up some wind-eze type stuff and that the bleeding (which had been increasing throughout the morning) was getting worse. I suggested he call NHS Direct/the hospital and get some advice, and that I would be home in ten minutes.
In that time he's been advised to head to his doctors (he's there now - refusing for me and the little lady to accompany him). He's taken his letter from the hospital and hopefully he will be able to be seen...I'm assuming this might be something they would see someone for? Our doctors is less that useful at times, but experience has taught me that when they HAVE to pull their finger out, then they do.
On another note he received another pre-assessment appointment for whatever is coming next, dated the 27th March. So whatever is being done is hopefully moving quickly.
As for me, I'm very thankful for all our friends and family. I am also very grateful for the small circle of mums at the school that are in the know. Each one has offered anything from brews, to chats to looking after the little lady and wine - I am sure all will be needed and taken up upon at some point. So ladies, you may never get to read this, but thank you so very much.
Edit: as I type this he's sent a text. He's getting to see someone and needs to produce a sample. He is also amazed he had to go to pharmacist next door to buy sample jar AND water - neither available at the surgery.
2nd edit: he has an emergency appointment for ten past seven tonight at the doctors.
No comments:
Post a Comment